Schedule & Prices
Discover the magical world of belly dance – classes for kids and adults in Sofia!
The group classes are organised at different levels, from beginners to professionals, and take place in a studio with an inspiring oriental interior. Check out the schedule and choose the class for you!
Classes levels - which group is right for you
The belly dance classes are organized into different levels depending on your experience. The description below will help you find the best class for you. The period of practice indicated in parentheses for each level is indicative. The curriculum is developed by Violeta Valcheva and includes the best practices from her professional training in different styles of oriental dance and her many years of experience as an instructor.
Beginners 1 (0 - 6 months)
This class is suitable for you if you don’t have any or little experience with belly dance. In this class, you will learn basic isolations, movements and steps, as well as proper posture and graceful gait. We will gradually add level-appropriate combinations. It will take you between 3 and 6 months if you attend lessons regularly, which means at least once per week.
Beginners 2 (6 months – 1 year)
This level builds on prior moves while also teaching you new ones. We put an emphasis on coordination between body parts as well as coordination in space. We do exercises to teach you how to connect the movements in a dance, and you will learn choreography.
Intermediate (1 – 2 to 3 years)
At this level, we continue to study new and more complex movements. We will introduce you to the basic rhythms used in Arabic music as well as the most common props used in oriental dance. You will learn different choreographies in the most popular oriental dance styles. We pay close attention to how the music is interpreted emotionally.
Advanced (more than 3 years)
This level will introduce you to an increasingly interesting dance technique. You will learn a lot about oriental dance styles, including appropriate moves and their nuances for each style, more dancing props and choreographies. You will also learn how to improvise and translate different musical instruments with your movements.
Professionals (minimum 5 years or according to the teacher’s appraisal)
If you made it to here – congratulations! This means that you have dedicated a significant amount of your time and energy to belly dancing. You have the opportunity to perform with the school’s professional group at various corporate and private events, as well as become an instructor. If these opportunities appeal to you, we would be delighted to collaborate in the future!
Group belly dance classes in Sofia – prices
- Belly dance classes for adults
- 1 class (60 minutes) – 14 BGN
- 1 class (90 minutes) – 21 BGN
- Pass for 4 classes x 60 minutes – 50 BGN (valid for 4 weeks from the date of purchase)
- Pass for 8 classes x 60 minutes – 82 BGN (valid for 5 weeks from the date of purchase)
- Pass for 12 classes x 60 minutes – 110 BGN (valid for 6 weeks from the date of purchase)
- Additional payment to a pass for a 90 minutes class – 6 BGN (E.x. If you purchased a pass for 4, 8 or 12 60-minutes classes and you want to attend a 90-minutes class, its price is one class from the already purchased pass + 6 BGN.) The option is available for regular classes only but not for the special intensives and choreography courses.
Belly dance classes for kids (6 – 12 years old)
- 1 class (55 minutes) – 10 BGN
Book a belly dance class or send your questions
You can reach us at 0887 750 088 or through this web form for more details and class bookings.