Private belly dance classes are a solution for you if you need additional practice outside of regular group classes, want guidance and assistance with your choreography, or want to develop professionally.
If you already perform or teach, one-on-one classes will help you improve your technique, learn new oriental dance movements and styles, and expand the scope of your stage repertoire.
Individual belly dance classes are available in-person and online, and the classes concentrate on one of three topics: dance technique, choreography, or competition preparation.
Dance technique lessons are appropriate for students of all skill levels, from absolute beginners to advanced. However, I recommend that you invest in private lessons, if you have already finished Beginners 1 (see the level descriptions HERE).
Lessons may cover a variety of subjects, depending on your current needs and interests, including, but not limited to:
- Overall improvement of your dance technique and learning new movements
- Working on a particular movement or body part that you find challenging, such as pelvic/torso isolations, arms, steps, and spatial coordination, etc.
- How to use a prop like sagat, melaya leff, Isis’ wings, fans, or a saidi stick.
- Learning new oriental dance styles and their nuances – raqs sharqi, baladi, shaabi, folklore dances.
I will be happy to help you if you want to learn choreography and perform for an audience. I can create choreography just for you that will not be taught to other students, or you can choose one of my already-made choreographies that fits your level and musical tastes.
I can create and teach you choreography in the following oriental dance styles: raqs sharqi (oriental entrance (with veil), Golden Era, classical Egyptian song, pop song), baladi, shaabi, folklore styles (awalim (with candelabra), ghawazi, saidi (with stick), hagala, Nubian dance, fellahi, dabka, haliji, Iraqi dance, muwashahat, dance with melaya leff), show belly dance (with Isis’ wings/fan veils/veils, tabla solo).
I will teach you choreography if you have completed the beginner 1 level. If you have not, I encourage you to start from this level so we can proceed with the choreography.
Preparation for oriental dance competitions
Belly dance competitions provide an excellent opportunity to perform for an audience, get helpful feedback, and undoubtedly the preparation process will help you improve your skills. If you enjoy the excitement of competing, I can assist you with the following, whether you’re a solo, duet, trio, or group:
- Advice on what music to choose so it’s appropriate for the categories you want to compete in (raqs sharqi, show, folklore, etc.).
- Shortening the music to suit the category requirements.
- Translation of the song lyrics from Arabic to English/ Bulgarian.
- Create /teach my own choreography or provide feedback on your choreography.
- Advice on costume selection and an overall look that is suitable for the dance style you selected while also emphasizing your individuality.
- If you don’t already have an outfit, you can rent one.
I am pleased to share that my students and choreographies have been named winners or finalists in international oriental dance contests. I will be happy to assist anyone who is dedicated to their dream and desires to reach their maximum dance potential.
Private belly dance classes – prices
- Private class 60 min – 60 BGN
- Private class for students that are currently enrolled in Badriya Oriental Dance school – 55 BGN.
- Pass of 8 individual lessons – BGN 400 (can be used within 2 months of the first lesson)
- Preparation of individual choreography – for music up to and around 3 minutes long – BGN 300.
- Private class online – 60 min. – 40 BGN.
Private classes booking and cancellation policy:
- Classes should be arranged with the instructor in advance.
- Classes in person are held at Badriya Oriental Dance school, located at 56-58 Krum Popov Str., fl. 3, Lozenets Qtr., Sofia.
- Individual classes must be prepaid to be scheduled.
- If you cancel the class 24 hours before the planned start time, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel the class 4 hours before the planned start time, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you fail to show up for a scheduled class without prior notice or less than 4 hours before the planned start time, you will not be refunded, and the lesson will be billed as completed.
Book a private belly dance class
To book a private class – live or online, contact me at +359 887 750 or via the online form here: